Western School of Science & Technology is a groundbreaking new school for the Maryvale community of West Phoenix, AZ and is currently the highest performing school in Maryvale.
We are hiring certified middle and high school English, science, and math teachers for midyear openings and for the 2019-2020 school year who are passionate about working with students and families in low-income communities.
About Western School of Science & Technology
- There are currently 75,000 students in west Phoenix’s Maryvale neighborhood – and zero “A” high schools.
- Only 5% of Maryvale students currently pass one AP exam.
Our program is designed to support our middle and high school students on their pathway to college graduation and future career success. We support student learning through a rich, rigorous Advanced Placement-aligned curriculum based on the Core Knowledge Sequence and the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Each one of our students progresses down an individualized learning path facilitated by blended learning and one-to-one laptops.
Our vision is to provide a proof point in the Maryvale neighborhood that low-income underserved youth can access the educational skills necessary to be successful in the new economy, be prepared for college persistence and graduation, and become integral parts of Arizona’s new global economy. We aim to be the first “A” high school in Maryvale.
Teacher development, coaching, and sustainability are a keystone of what makes our program work – teachers work intensively with an instructional coach and are offered competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and flexible schedules. Many pathways to teacher leadership and school leadership are available.
Western School of Science & Technology At-a-Glance
- Tuition- free public charter middle and high school (opened July 2014)
- 95+% Free/Reduced Lunch; 95+% Hispanic/Latino
- Currently the highest performing school in the Maryvale community
- Goal: 100% of Western School of Science & Technology students matriculate to college
- STEM and blended learning program
- New state-of-the-art facilities
- Part of the national TeamCFA network
Apply today to be part of Western School of Science & Technology’s priority interview group, eligible for an early signing bonus!
Western School of Science & Technology is a OneTeacher partner school, and as an applicant, you’ll be considered for all of the open roles at OneTeacher’s 30+ partner schools in Phoenix.
Apply to Teach at Western School of Science & Technology in Phoenix, Arizona
Excellent candidates must possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong commitment to our college-bound mission and core values (Achievement, Innovation, Respect, Responsibility, Relevance);
- Ownership of student learning and achievement
- Dedication to continuously improving teaching practice
- Passion for working with families living in low-income urban Phoenix communities
- Desire to collaborate and innovate with team members
- Initiative and desire to be part of a close school team
- Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field
- Prior teaching experience and a valid teaching certificate are required
Open roles for the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 school years:
- Certified Middle School ELA Teacher
- Certified High School English Teacher
- Certified Middle School Math Teacher
- Certified High School Algebra 1 Teacher
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.