As growing network of charter schools, Vista College Prep is hiring elementary and middle school teachers for the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 school years. VCP proudly received an “A” rating from the state of Arizona and is a 2018 National Blue Ribbon school.
Teachers at Vista College Prep:
- Receive top-notch professional development to achieve amazing results with their students.
- Hone their skills as an educator, whether they are a novice or veteran teacher.
- Enjoy nearly 100% attendance at parent teacher school nights on average, due to a focus on strong parent and family engagement.
- Feel equipped with the tools they need to succeed, including laptop computer and all necessary supplies. Teachers never have to purchase any of their own supplies.
- Have access to incredible leadership opportunities at a growing network of charter schools.
- Are surrounded by a full staff of educators who are on a mission to improve educational and life outcomes for students.
- that demographics should not determine destiny for students
- in low-income communities in using data-driven instruction to lead scholars to incredible academic growth
- in a feedback-rich environment
- when able to collaborate with others to ensure exceptional outcomes for students
Have a Passion for:
- working with students and families in low-income communities
- live in (or are willing to relocate to) the beautiful Phoenix, Arizona
- want to be part of a dynamic, dedicated, and passionate team of educators…
Apply today to be part of Vista College Prep’s priority interview group, eligible for an early signing bonus!
Vista College Prep is a OneTeacher partner school, and as an applicant, you’ll be considered for all of the open roles at OneTeacher’s 30+ partner schools in Phoenix.
Learn more about what it’s actually like to work at Vista College Prep from Katherine Yabut, a second grade teacher at the Maryvale campus, and Kathryn Norcross, an administrator and math teacher at the downtown Hadley campus!
Apply to Teach at Vista College Prep in Phoenix, Arizona
- Develop and implement rigorous, standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with an end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations;
- Teach and maintain school-wide systems, rules and consequences, and rewards;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Communicate effectively and proactively with students and families;
- Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with colleagues to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students;
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards; and,
- Participate in annual three-week staff training.
Ideal Candidates Will Also Possess the Following Qualifications:
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects
- Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field;
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance;
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills;
- Highly Qualified;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in urban public school setting preferred, but not required;
- SEI endorsed;
- Valid fingerprint clearance card; and,
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including relevant and quality professional development, laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies. Teachers never have to purchase any of their own supplies.
Open Roles for the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 School Years:
- K-2nd Grade Teaching Associate
- Kindergarten Teacher
- 1st Grade Teacher
- 2nd Grade Teacher
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- 4th Grade Teacher
- 5th Grade Teacher
- 6th Grade ELA Teacher
- 6th Grade Math Teacher
- 6th Grade Social Studies Teacher
- 6th Grade Science Teacher
- 7th Grade ELA Teacher
- 7th Grade Math Teacher
- 7th Grade Social Studies Teacher
- 7th Grade Science Teacher
- Certified K-6th Grade Special Education Inclusion Support Teacher
- Principal in Residence
- Assistant Principal
- Director of Curriculum & Instruction
- Dean of Students
About Vista College Prep
Vista College Prep, a 2018 National Blue Ribbon School, is a high-performing K-6 tuition-free, public charter school educating a high minority and low-income student population. We firmly believe that demographics does not determine destiny and that all students should have access to an excellent education. Learn more at www.vistacollegeprep.org
As an equal opportunity employer, Vista College Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Fill out the form below or email a resume and cover letter to Lindsay Doell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Academic Achievement at Vista College Prep
Results from the 2016-2017 AzMERIT Test