thinkLaw exists to create a world where critical thinking is no longer a luxury good. We help educators teach critical thinking to all students, not just the highest achieving ones at the most exclusive schools. Rote memorization and spoon-fed learning will not prepare young people for the rapidly changing workforce that awaits them. thinkLaw addresses educational inequity by giving teachers the tools to empower all students access to critical thinking. We do this through our award-winning curriculum that uses real-life legal cases in upper grades and fairly tales & nursery rhymes in lower grades as a hook to unleash the critical thinking potential of all students and powerful professional development that helps educators apply rigorous inquiry strategies that help them move beyond asking “what” and “how to” to “why” and “what if.”
We are seeking dynamic, energetic and responsible Arizona educators for the unique opportunity to lead students through thinkLaw’s powerful curriculum in partnership with a district summer school program in the heart of Phoenix, AZ. This position is for you if you are a responsible and reliable classroom leader with the experience and the understanding of the remarkable assets students in high poverty students bring to the table and a proven track record of using high expectations and engaging instructional practices to unleash their critical thinking potential.
thinkLaw is looking for 8 teachers (7 for early elementary grades, 1 for upper elementary grades) to deliver an impactful experience for students this summer. Teachers must have a valid AZ fingerprint clearance card.
Can you help us spark a critical thinking revolution in students this summer?
Summer School Responsibilities
- Attending 3 hour thinkLaw onboarding session held the week of May 27-May 31.
- Teaching students for 2 hours a day in the afternoon, Monday-Thursday between June 3 and June 27 (16 days total).
- Being on time and reliable for each one of these days.
- Delivering thinkLaw’s award-winning curriculum effectively to students in schools using thinkLaw for summer school classes.
- Completing all program requirements thinkLaw or thinkLaw partner schools require for data collection, evaluation, attendance, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Autonomy and independence
- Flexible work environment (virtual workspace) & family-friendly business practices
- Pay: $1400 stipend, less standard payroll deductions.
Send your resume to Nina Tinsley ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A world where critical thinking is taught by all teachers and to all students, leveling the playing field for 21st century success.
We help educators teach critical thinking to ALL students.
Our Core Values
We listen to understand, speak to be understood, and demonstrate the courage to tackle the tough but necessary conversations across lines of difference.
We dream big, create boldly, and dare to improve our world dramatically, approaching our work with creativity and an endless set of possibility.
Making a Difference
Our bottom line is impact, so we prioritize our actions and our inactions through the lens of maximizing this bottom line.
The thinkLaw Method
- We make it easy. We are always willing to do the hard work on our end if it’s going to make someone’s work easier on the other side.
- We make it engaging. We work hard to make sure our work is received with tears, hell yeahs, this is unacceptables, gasps, are you freaking kidding mes, and laughter because we understand the emotional connection that comes from engaging our partners and community members.
- We ground our work in critical thinking. We consider multiple perspectives, we use evidence to back up our decision-making, and we are committed to continuous improvement of our thinking around every aspect of what we do.
- We err on the side of fairness and justice, always. We consider equity, not equality in deciding what is needed for our team, our partners, and our work. We understand that what is legal is not always just and what is acceptable is not always fair, and actively seek to be the hammer that helps to bend the arc of history towards justice.