Finding a teaching position in Arizona can be really challenging. In a city like Phoenix, the vacancies exist. Because there are so many smaller school systems rather than one large district like Los Angeles Unified School District, for example, teachers may need to apply to dozens of schools before finding a job they’re excited about.
OneTeacher provides a “one-stop-shop” application for over 30 achievement-focused, Title I schools in Arizona. When a teacher applies for a position through OneTeacher, not only are they considered for all of our current openings, but they’re kept on file for future roles as well if no current match is available. The staff at OneTeacher is adept at not only connecting teachers to a position they’re qualified for, but one that they’re likely to be truly well-matched with. We know that’s when the magic happens for students—when teachers are supported by philosophically-aligned) administrators in a school environment that is a true fit for what they’re looking for.
The hiring process begins with a candidate screening by the folks on the OneTeacher team. When the matchmakers at OneTeacher have a potential match for a candidate, he or she is connected to one of our partner schools directly to continue on in the school-based selection process. The team at OneTeacher remains in contact with candidates to support them and answer whatever questions may arise. Candidates who are ultimately hired at a OneTeacher partner school then have access to a network of other Title I professionals, events, and resources through OneTeacher.
Is there a fee for using OneTeacher’s services?
- No way! OneTeacher never charges any fees to our educator candidates. Our services are free of charge to teachers and school administrators looking for employment.
Will I be hired by OneTeacher or by the school directly?
- OneTeacher’s partner schools are the hiring bodies—OneTeacher interviews candidates and connects them to well-matched schools and roles.
What are your partner schools like?
- OneTeacher partner schools are public district schools and public charter schools. We have a diverse portfolio of schools, which means that some schools are elementary schools while others are high schools; some schools are STEM schools while others are leadership-focused, and some are small networks while others are large districts. All of our schools take on different approaches for their school community and culture. With many different types of schools, we can help find that right fit for you.
Do I need a teaching certificate to be a candidate?
- The requirements vary from partner school to partner school, so regardless of whether or not you’re a certified teacher, check out our open roles and apply today.
Are any of OneTeacher’s opportunities virtual?
- No, all of OneTeacher’s roles are in-person in Phoenix, Arizona.
Do I need to be eligible to work in the United States?
- Yes. At this time, our partner schools are unable to provide sponsorship for international candidates.
I’m an out-of-state candidate—will OneTeacher pay for my relocation to Arizona?
- Our partner may choose to offerrelocation assistance, so this is something to discuss directly with the school-based staff later in the interview process. If relocation assistance is a “must” for you, please share that with OneTeacher’s staff when you apply.
Does OneTeacher hire for positions other than teachers?
- Yes. Depending on the needs of our partner schools, we hire for teacher, paraprofessional, instructional coach, and administrator positions.
When does the school year start and end in Arizona?
- Many schools in Phoenix begin with new-to-the-school teachers in mid-late July, and the school year ends sometime between mid-May and mid-June.
What’s the cost of living in Phoenix?
- Find more about the cost of living here: https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/phoenix.
Where can I find more information about living in the Phoenix Metro Area?
- For great statistics and an overview of living in Phoenix: https://realestate.usnews.com/places/arizona/phoenix
- For 21 great things about living in Phoenix: http://www.movoto.com/guide/phoenix-az/moving-to-phoenix/
- For information about the thriving local business community: https://www.localfirstaz.com/
- For general information: https://www.visitphoenix.com/