My team and I are partial to Arizona. We spend our days working hard to fill Arizona’s Title I schools with excited, dedicated educators, and we believe deeply in expanding opportunities for students in low-income communities. However, our commitment to better opportunities for all in Arizona isn’t purely altruistic. After all, it’s also a pretty amazing place to live and work, and not just for the reasons you may think! Here’s our list, but one of the most beautiful things about Arizona is that everyone has their own reasons for living here.
1. The Canyons. The Grand Canyon’s beauty is unparalleled, and having one of the seven wonders of the world so close by is a unique treat. Antelope Canyon, while not as large, is just as majestic and equally unforgettable.
2. The Diversity. Each of Arizona’s major cities has its own vibe, and within those metro areas, each suburb has its own personality as well. With sprawling urban centers and hundreds of rural communities, it’s not hard to find a place in Arizona that’s right for you.
3. The Food Scene. Arizona is home to over 70 regular farmer’s markets, featuring fresh, local goods, and our local restaurants are award-winning. If you like food, you’ll find something you love in Arizona.
4. The Seasons. It’s a popular misconception that Arizona’s snow-free areas are also season-free, but in reality, there’s a surprisingly noticeable change in temperature throughout the year. And because of Arizona’s varied climates, you can access a more extreme or lighter version of whatever season you’re in within just a few hours by car.
5. The Hiking. With thousands of trails in Arizona, hikers of all skill levels enjoy exploring some of the most beautiful mountains, canyons, and waterfalls in the country. Whether you have an hour or a day, chances are, you’ll be able to find a hike to meet your needs.
6. The Thriving Community. Arizona is the fastest growing state in the country, and as a result, there are more opportunities to get involved than ever before. It’s easy to make this big state feel small with these three strategies, and your school is a great place to begin!
7. The Location. You can get almost anywhere you want from Phoenix in just a few short hours by car or plane. Looking to spend some time at the beach? San Diego, Los Angeles, and Rocky Point, MX are accessible by car. Want to hit the slopes? Flagstaff, Boulder, and Salt Lake City are great options. Is the national park scene more your style? The majority of the top 10 best national parks are on Arizona’s half of the country!
8. The History. Arizona has some incredible historical landmarks to visit. From ghost towns to observatories, these 13 places are more than worth checking out.
9. The Weather Humor. There’s no denying it’s hot in the summer, but at least the internet has some good jokes about it to entertain us.
10. The Politics. As an arguably evolving “purple state,” no matter your political views, you can find your people here in Arizona. We have thriving communities of liberals, conservatives, and moderates alike (and apolitical folks, too!).
11. The Friendly People. Maybe because we’re home to the country’s sunniest city and the fact that we can go outside almost all year round, but for the most part, Arizona’s residents are friendly, forgiving, and kind. We’re proud of Sky Harbor being the #1 friendliest airport, and the fact that our out-of-state friends always notice how welcoming our residents are!
Whether you want to make a move to Arizona or are already here in this great state, reach out to the team at OneTeacher today to find a school and role that’s a great fit for you!