At OneTeacher, we understand the path-changing power that educators hold for their students, especially in schools that serve low-income communities. We believe that when teachers are empowered at schools that are a match for them, they can move mountains! Now in their fourth year and fifth hiring season, the OneTeacher team has placed hundreds of educators (teachers, administrators, and key support staff members) and is ready to maximize their proven processes by welcoming a thoughtful, highly organized, and efficient Manager of Talent Initiatives to the OneTeacher leadership team.
OneTeacher’s mission is to make that “perfect match” between amazing teachers and inspiring Title I schools in Arizona in order to transform lives and change history.
OneTeacher’s Core Beliefs
- Students are always considered first. We have passion for our students. Students and their families are always top-of-mind in our work.
- We believe in getting better and staying curious. In life and work, it’s all about getting better, not about being perfect.
- Our words and actions speak loudest. We treat others with kindness and respect, and we hold each other to the same high expectations to which we hold ourselves.
- We have a sense of optimism. This work is ever-evolving and it is FUN. Even when we’re “digging in,” we can find silver linings. We can also laugh, a whole lot.
- We know that teachers are one of the biggest indicators of student success and positive life outcomes. Because of this, we believe that finding the best possible teachers for our students matters. We also know that when teachers are empowered at schools that are a match for them, the possibilities are endless.
We are seeking a Manager of Talent Initiatives to play a key role in the ultimate achievement of organization-wide goals. Through various candidate pipeline-development tactics, the Manager ofTalent Initiatives will support OneTeacher’s work by screening applications and scheduling candidate interviews, conducting interviews, and managing candidate correspondence in a virtual work environment. The Manager of Talent Initiatives will use critical thinking and impeccable organizational skills to utilize and analyze talent workstreams. The Manager of Talent Initiatives will effectively support the “right fit” match essential to the core mission of OneTeacher. The Manager of Talent Initiatives will report to the Founder and CEO.
This position is a virtual role, and may be part-time (25-30 hours/week) or full-time.
- Virtual workspace & family-friendly business practices
- Competitive compensation
- The chance to work for mission-based social enterprise that is revolutionizing education, with opportunities for growth
Candidate Cultivation and Matchmaking
- Execute candidate pipeline-development mechanisms.
- Lead interviews with qualified candidates after receiving supportive OneTeacher training and continually work to develop selection expertise.
- Provide a welcoming and efficient application and screening experience for candidates.
- Utilize and manage multiple screening tools to provide detailed candidate profiles to support effective matchmaking.
- Support the entire team by building new candidate pipelines through special projects.
- Track relevant data and use information to analyze and prioritize individually and with team.
- Manage job posting systems and processes.
- Utilize systems and data analysis to manage candidate and team information.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Embody high expectations, at all times, for students, teachers, parents, and communities within our urban, low-income communities through written and verbal communication.
- Utilize confidential information with complete integrity.
- Develop and grow professionally, participating actively in communication with manager and team to support growth and development for organization and self.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of success serving low-income communities.
- Prior experience achieving significant gains with students in low-income communities as a teacher.
- Prior experience leading or supporting the project management, administrative, operational, and/or support functions of a team.
- Formal or informal experience in talent, recruitment, or screening/interviewing.
Essential skills and mindsets:
- Problem solves with enthusiasm about new challenges and creating quality solutions.
- Produces high-quality work, possesses a strong work ethic, and demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Maintains an impeccable reputation for honesty and integrity.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Passion for the “nitty gritty” and getting things accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exhibits maturity and ability to work independently.
- Outstanding time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines with a professional demeanor.
- Passion and curiosity for talent and recruitment work.
- Prior experience working efficiently in a virtual workplace.
- Prior formal recruitment experience.
- Prior experience with project planning and project management.
- Familiarity with Arizona schools.
If you or someone you know is interested in a virtual role on a results-oriented team and want to learn more, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, OneTeacher hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.