Arizona Teaching Certification Info
- For your steps in gaining certification reciprocity, visit https://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/forms-and-information/reciprocity/
Alternate Route to Teaching Certificate Information:
- Alternative Teacher Certification Requirements
- Alternative Pathways to Teacher Certification: Programs and Contacts
- Our Alt Route “Snapshot”: This is not a comprehensive list of certification partners, nor is this list meant to be a list of recommendations, however these few represent the range in the types of providers in terms of cost, teaching content area, and timeframe for completion.
Contact information for the Arizona Department of Education (Phoenix office)
- By email- Certification@azed.gov
- In person- hours for the certification counter are 8-30 am – 4-30 pm
- By phone- 602-542-4367
- Online- www.azed.gov/educator-certification/
AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card Information
- If you have not already applied and you need to, please make sure to apply for the Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card. Visit www.azed.gov/educator-certification/fingerprint-clearance-card-ivp/ for additional information.
- It can take up to 6 weeks or longer to process so you’ll want to apply right away if you have not already.