Open Positions at OneTeacher
Job Title: Manager of Talent Initiatives
The Manager of Talent Initiatives plays a key role in the OneTeacher leadership team and in the ultimate achievement of organization-wide goals. Through various candidate pipeline-development tactics, the Manager of Talent Initiatives will support OneTeacher’s critical work in building candidate pipelines. By utilizing the OneTeacher method of screening, the Manager of Talent Initiatives will effectively support the “right fit” match essential to the core mission of OneTeacher. The Manager of Talent Initiatives will report to the Founder and CEO.
- Execute candidate pipeline-development mechanisms.
- Lead interviews with qualified candidates after receiving supportive OneTeacher training and continually work to develop selection expertise.
- Provide a welcoming and efficient application and screening experience for candidates.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Embody high expectations, at all times, for students, teachers, parents, and communities within our urban, low-income communities through written and verbal communication.
- Utilize and manage multiple screening tools to provide detailed candidate profiles to support effective match-making.
- Support the entire team by building new candidate pipelines through special projects.
- Utilize confidential information with complete integrity.
- Track relevant data and use information to analyze and prioritize individually and with team.
- Develop and grow professionally, participating actively in communication with manager and team to support growth and development for organization and self.
- Problem solves with enthusiasm about new challenges and creating quality solutions.
- Produces high-quality work, possesses a strong work ethic, and demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Maintains an impeccable reputation for honesty and integrity.
- Two or more years of successful prior professional experience in organizations serving low-income communities.
- Previous experience working efficiently in a virtual workplace.
- Prior experience leading or supporting the project management, administrative, operational, and/or support functions of a team.
Commitment to continual professional growth, participating actively in communication with manager and team to support growth and development.
- Demonstrates passion and commitment to talent work.
- Previous recruitment experience preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Exemplary computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exhibits maturity and ability to work independently.
- Detailed-oriented, strong follow-through skills.
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines with a calm, professional demeanor.
- Prior project planning and management experience preferred.
- Interest in performing a critical support role and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented environment.
- Experience in achieving significant gains with students in a low-income community as a teacher strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Arizona and Phoenix public schools strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Hours and Compensation
- We offer a flexible work-environment with virtual workspace and family-friendly business practices.
- This is a part-time role of 20-30 hours per week. We offer a competitive hourly wage based on experience and education.
If you, or someone you know, is interested in a part-time, virtual role on a results-oriented team and want to learn more, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OneTeacher’s mission is to connect amazing and aspiring educators to their “perfect match” achievement-focused Title I school in Arizona to help ensure that low-income students have the education they deserve. For more information, please visit www.oneteacheraz.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, OneTeacher hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.